Sunday 13 November 2011

Fiat Linea looses all acceleration when drive on highways

I've been facing a weird problem with my Fiat Linea 1.3 Multijet My emotion. Sometimes when on a long road trip, I noticed that the car lost all acceleration for a short period. At this point, there is absolutely no response from the throttle or shifter (gear reduction or otherwise). It is as if the vehicle gets stuck in that particular RPM and speed with only a slight slowdown. Obviously, breaking the vehicle slows down and there is no problem with the brakes. Also, upon aggressive downshifting (downshifting to get above 3,500 to 4,000 RPM), I am able to recover the normal acceleration. There is no error in the diagnostic software when checked at the service center. It is also very difficult to reproduce the error in the workshop due to the unpredictability of this problem. Is this a turbo problem? I personally do not think so, because this condition occurs at any RPM, while the turbocharger is only active after 2000 RPM.



Source: http://indiancarz.com/YaBB.pl?num=1321194129

No comments:

Post a Comment